Monday, June 23, 2008

Blog about my Dog

I'm not really an animal person. I blame my parents because one of their favorite sayings is "We had children, not pets." But I have a dog named Mahoney. I hate when people refer to me as his "mother" because I didn't give birth to him, I simply wrote a check to a random lady and took him home. But despite not having a clue what to do with a puppy in my house, I love him. He is just the cutest thing ever. (Here are some photos to proof his adorableness.) Plus, he is not normal. Then again, I have never had a pet so what do I know. But these are my favorite weird, quirky things Mahoney does that make me smile. -- First of all, he looks like an Ewok and that just makes me laugh. -- He loves to pull turnip leaves off the plants in the backyeard and drag them inside. Then he will eat only half of the leaf and then try to go get another one. -- He thinks the big brown blanket on the couch is a big pile of dirt for him to dig in. -- He falls of the ottoman all the time, usually when he is chasing his soccer ball around the house. When he was super little, he was always get stuck under it and freak out.-- He loves to chew on ice, just like my mother. -- He loves tissues. If there is a scrap of kleenex or toilet paper anywhere within his reach, he will find it, run away and hide, and eat it. It's disgusting but funny. -- He knows that the door bell is going to ring in the insanely obnoxious All-Tell cell phone commercial because he starts barking like crazy as soon as the commercial starts. -- He always, always pees on Charlie's sister Michelle when she comes over. -- He will only lick Charlie's nostrils. Not that I am complaining, I just think it is strange. Maybe Charlie just has the best tasting boogers, who knows. -- He alsolutely loves to drink out of our glasses. (See the video and please do not call the Humane Society on us!)

1 comment:

Sycamore Girl said...

Ha. It rhymes. Heehee. Mahoney is pretty darn cute- and what is more cute is that you are totally into him- after all these years of saying you are NOT AN ANIMAL person! Its different when its yours, huh!

So, when gas prices drop back down to say, like .98/gal, Chris and I will come visit and meet your little man. (Mahoney) :)