Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Ace of Cakes...

So for Halloween this year, Charlie and I wanted to be all crafty and try our hand at making a cake. Let me tell you, it isnot as easy as it seems on T.V. I baked the cake part (which was pretty tasty if I do say so...) and Charlie made the fondant and carved the cake to look like a pumpkin. In the end, we created a slightly lumpy looking, shiny (thanks to a lot of crisco) pumpkin cake. We ended up taking it to Charlie's work party where people were afraid to cut into it. I think we might have shot a bit too high for our first cake, but it was an adventure anyway. Next year, maybe we'll just do a gravestone or something...


6 comments:

Tewz said...

THat cake looks soooooooooooooo yummy!!! SAve me a piece in the freezer!!!

Leigh said...

Wow, I'm impressed!!

Sycamore Girl said...

Really. That cake does look cool. I thought it was a ceramic mold or something. Super cool. And it looks like you have a ton of fun doing that together. I think Chris and I would get into a fight or something if we tried to bake together. Besides...our kitchen is too small.

Nancy said...

Love that you made that cake together. So fun. I do desserts but I don't do cakes. My frosting is always filled with crumbs because I can't frost a cake. It's horrible. So I am super impressed with this cake.

Nancy said...

Oh, and my husband only makes mac n cheese and fried egg sandwiches. So way to go Charlie.

jazzykins said...

I know, I was just as surprised the cake turned out as the rest of you. Charlie and I have fun doing silly things like this, but we did fight a little. Mostly because he was stressing about the fondant and hadn't eaten in a while. You all know I get a little cranky when that happens!