Monday, July 7, 2008

My 7th Grade Soundtrack...


Two weeks ago Charlie and I got to go see Les Miserables at Tuacahn (think Red Rocks, for all you Coloradoans, except the audience faces the huge red rocks, not downtown). There are only something like 6 theaters in the country licensed to put on Les Mis I guess, because it's that cool. Seriously, it was a wonderful show. The man who played Jean Val Jean was incredible! This cultural experience, besides making me wish I hadn't quit choir, made me think back to my first time seeing it. It was a Kids in America fieldtrip where Addie hit a poor old lady in the head with her program during the baracade scene. And then I got the soundtrack and became the freak 7th grader who used to tease my hair while blasting "On My Own" every morning. It wasn't normal, seeing as it was 1990 and between pop stars, but the rallying anthems of "Can You Hear the People Sing" helped me navigate the rough waters of Laredo Middle School. So because of that it will always be part of my life soundtrack.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love life soundtracks.

I had no idea the Tuacahn but on regular shows. I saw some story of Utah play there. It was awesome, and we but the soundtrack. But it was no Les Mis.

Leigh said...

Sounds awesome! I, too, love that soundtrack!

Audrie and Zdenek said...

Out of all the Broadway musicals I have seen in my life Les Mis is not one of them! I would love, love, love to see it.
-Audrie